First in a series of posts describing games I want to play. Not necessarily any particular medium – could be incarnated as a board, card, or video game.
“Survival Horror meets Civilization-style Resource Management”
SETTING: Zombie apocalypse
OBJECTIVE: Survive, maybe even rebuild civilization
– Turn based, or maybe “X-Com” style where a clock is always running, tasks are allotted a certain amount of time to complete, and events interrupt.
– “Scouting party” skirmishes where armed parties search for survivors, resources, or make offensives against zombies; in a video game, this could be a squad-level FPS simulation.
– Could be multi-player; people could cooperate or compete for resources.
– The exploration of the world area reveals things over time: zombie hordes, cities in various states of disarray, military groups, warlords, places to move into and take over (like prisons or Wal-Marts).
– Typical tasks in a turn: Build onto your existing fortifications, defend areas, watch/police your population for infections, locate resources/weapons/survivors.
I’m thinking Puerto Rico meets ZOMBIES!!! in terms of board games… other inspirations include “The Walking Dead” comic and “World War Z” novel.